Tuesday 7 April 2009

Monday 6th April


Well I'm onboard now. I got on about 10 o'clock yesterday morning with some sad goodbyes to my family and Dannii. Straight away found a few of the other togs who then showed me where I needed to go and what I needed to do. After signing in and getting to my cabin I had some time free, so I unpacked and went to have a look round the ship. It's very confusing at first, but I think I've got used to most of the places where I'll need to be now.

Yesterday afternoon I was meant to have an induction session which was cancelled (well nobody was in the room when we got there) and then I went and got changed into my uniform and started at the Gallery. This is where I met the rest of the togs and a couple of other staff members, basically for the rest of the day I was working in the Gallery displaying and selling the photos. This wasn't the most fun I've ever had but at least it's an easy job I'm used to.

Last time we were working until about half twelve in the gallery, but I went out on a shoot photographic another photographer who was dressed as a pirate, which we got some funny reactions to. Then we went to the crew bar where I managed to get 2 rum and cokes, a can of coke and a pack of 20 marlboro reds for £4.51. Come 2AM we decided to leave, realising that it was in fact 3AM. Went back to the cabin and got straight into bed. Then this morning awoke to my alarm, and realised that it was actually 8 o'clock and not 7 o'clock. Luckily however the ship had not reached Belgium at this point so we had about an hour and a half free to get ready and get breakfast.


At about half 9 the ship reached port and we did a gangway shoot, but because of the number of people trying to get off at one time and because of the stewards trying to rush people on we didn't get much out of this. Just sat in my room now and am gonna go get some lunch in a minute. Below are a couple of pictures of my room too.

Miss you love you Mum, Dad, Shannon & Dannii.
I'll be back on either tomorrow or Wednesday when we get back to Southampton to give you an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment